Monday, August 11, 2008

Dropping In

Hey world. I know I have been M.I.A this past month or so and I would like to apologize. A lot has been going on with The Providence Packers Youth Football program. We are finally getting the kids on the field of play. After 2 years of struggling, begging and fighting to get this program to a viable state, my partner (Wayne Blackmon) and I can finally take a moment to smell the roses. Our 2008 2nd Annual Golf Classic was a booming success. We would like to thank all of the participants who showed us love this year. We also want to mention a few people who were instrumental in our tournament success. Thank you to the following people for their help and support. Bear in mind these names are not in any particular order:

Earl Nichols, Tom Leasca, Prince Reid (Amtrak), Camille's Roman Garden, Chris Gasbarros Liquors, Joe Brooks (Essex), Jennifer Hendrick (Exeter Country Club), Pink Women (URI), B.O.N.D (URI), Meagan and a multitude of others. If I forgot to include your name, please charge that to my mind and not my heart as we appreciate each and every one of you.

To all of the golfers who attended, thank you very much for your support and we hope to see you again next year.

Before closing, I would just like to send out our condolences to the families and friends of two of our American icons. Mr. Bernie Mac and Mr. Issac Hayes. There will be a large void left in the world with the passing of these two great men. They were shining examples of the greatness that can be achieved with hard work and determination. I for one will miss them greatly.

Now that our kids will be taking the field, our work is just beginning. I intend to update and keep current our website so please visit from time to time and see what we are doing. I will try to keep more current with this page as time begins to permit but until then.

Peace and Blessings

Rick V

No comments: