Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Is George Bush Afraid of Water ?

Yo. Sorry I have been MIA. Youth football is starting to kick in and there is so much that needs to be done. The Providence Packers will be on the field in 2008. Stay tuned for updates. In the meantime, come on and take a little ride with me.

I was watching the BET Awards show last night and a statement was made that really got me to think. We (U.S.) have been the victims of some major flooding all across the country. Back when New Orleans was devastated by the floods, I often heard my counterparts state that anyone who lives in a state that much below sea level was not to bright and they deserved whatever they got so I did a little research. Although New Orleans is 8 feet below sea level, Death valley California is 282 ft below sea level. There are 23 states at sea level leaving 27 states above sea level ranging from 1 ft, the Potomac river in Washington D.C. to 3.250 ft above being the Arkansas River. I guess we should all just leave the country if we were to follow the thought process of my counterparts. Even though it is appalling that even now, nothing much has been done to correct the situation in New Orleans, it is equally bad that there is nothing currently being done in Iowa, Missouri and other flood ravaged states. We are supposed to be the most powerful nation on the planet and we consistently ignore the plight of our fellow Americans while we spend trillions of dollars abroad trying to fix other nations problems. I am not saying that we should not help out other countries, I am just a firm believer that charity begins at home.

Thru this whole dilemma, I feel great being able to bring one thing to light. Brother Kanye West once made this statement on national TV at an awards show that based on President Bushes slow response to the plight in New Orleans, he did not give a damn about black people. Well, from what I see, he has not made much of an impact and his response time has been equally as slow now in the mid-western regions.

I have concluded that President Bush's issue is not that he doe not like or care about black people,

" He just doesn't care or give a damn about WET people".

I think this is evident by his dry sense of humor, his dry delivery of speeches, his dry hairdo. If these people were flooded in oil, George Will would be there with the quickness scraping them off with a squeegee.

What a difference a day makes. Keep your head up and your feet dry.

Peace and Blessings

No comments: