Thursday, June 5, 2008

What's Up With Us

We always hear about war and tragedy off in some faraway land in the media. We always hear about the suffering, hunger and plight of the third world countries. I really feel for those people and loath anyone suffering in this day and age, but let us not forget, we are at war right now and here in our own communities and our youth are the casualties and our neighborhoods are the collateral damage. We have to take back our streets and rescue our children.

We have the highest number of homeless people in the history of this country. Drug abuse is at an all time high. The economy is falling more by the day, sorry did I say falling, I should have said failing. We are on our way to becoming that third world country unless we do something about it now.

It is always being said that Senator Obama does not have the experience to run this country. Well, what about all of the experienced people who have made it what it is today. If this is what experience begets, I think I will try my luck with inexperience. I have to believe that Barack Obama has a vision for change and that with our support, it will improve our lives and get us back on track. As far as I can tell, he cannot possibly do any worse. We seem to have no way to go but up.

I was raised to believe that if you are not part of the solution, then you must be part of the problem. We all need to be part of the solution by doing whatever we can to insure this brother gets his shot. He has his work cut out for him but are we not a people who are used to taking the scraps or what little is given to us and making it something beautiful. Give us the scrap pieces of the pig and we make chitterlings, ribs, chopped BBQ, we have a cookout. Give us a few gourds and some sticks and we make beautiful music, we give a concert. Historically, we have been the innovators and they have been the duplicators. This is not to say we should look at this problem as a black/white thing but I was just saying I wanted to point out that we are a resilient, educated people and this country needs to recognize and get behind this brother. He who is without sin may cast the first stone, but it is my guess there will not be any stones thrown.

I just hope for the sake of future generations that this country can get over the petty issues it has with race and we can restore ourselves as the super power we once were with one change, we all live together in peace as equals and The rest of the world likes us !!!

Imagine that.

Peace and Blessings

No comments: